Line Chatbot | What Is It and How Can You Build It
Before you learn what a Line chatbot is, you first need to introduce yourself to "Line." "Line" is an app you can use for messaging, sending photos, videos, and audio messages, and conducting free VoIP conversations and video conferences. You can download the app on your phone, tablet, and computer for free.
"Line" was created in 2011 by a Japanese company. It has multiple use cases (ex: Line chatbot), and you can use it for both personal and business matters. All in all, it is an easy-to-use app that can help you communicate and keep in touch with your friends, family, colleagues, business partners, etc.
The app has been growing in popularity every year. Thus, many people have implemented it in their businesses and have achieved great results. So, the most important question is, "How can you implement this free app in your business?" Well, by creating a Line chatbot, of course!
But what is a Line chatbot? How can you build it? Why should you build it? Let's find out!
What Is a Line Chatbot?
A Line chatbot is just like any other regular chatbot, except it's built specifically for the "Line" messaging app. It is a piece of software you can program to chat with other people through the "Line" app in your place.
You have probably already communicated with a chatbot before but may not have noticed it. You know how when you visit a website and see a little message box popup on your home screen? Well, that's a chatbot. It usually says something like, "Do you need any help?" or "Feel free to ask us anything via this chat."
So, think of it this way - the Line chatbot can act like your personal assistant, answering your messages and helping people with many small issues in your stead. The chatbot is capable of answering customer questions, asking questions, providing suggestions, and transferring customers to a human if necessary.
In shorter words, the chatbot can do it all! All you need to do is program it and tell it what it needs to do and how it needs to do it, and you'll be able to sit back and let the bot handle a large portion of your communication with customers.
How to Build a Line Chatbot?
You can build your chatbot in two ways - by doing it yourself or by using Ideta. So, it all depends on your skills and abilities. Namely, if you know how to code and have the time to do it, then you can build your chatbot by yourself. Also, you can use various guides and tutorials from the "Line" documentation to build the bot.
On the other hand, if you're a beginner or don't know how to code, you can use Ideta to build your Line chatbot. Ideta is a company that provides conversational AI and automation solutions. It can help you create your chatbot and customize it the way you want. That way, you can easily create your chatbot and program it to do whatever you need it to. Also, you can try Ideta for free or book a demo and see how you like it before you use it for your chatbot.
Why Should You Build a Line Chatbot?
Now that you know what a Line chatbot is and how you can build it, let's learn why you should have one in the first place. Some of the many benefits you can take advantage of with a chatbot include the following:
- Increased Productivity - If you use a chatbot, you won't have to hire new employees or assign old ones to handle simple, repetitive tasks. Some of those tasks include answering frequently asked questions from customers or solving simple customer issues. That way, you and your employees will be more productive. Also, you will have more time to focus on more complicated and important tasks.
- More Sales - You can use your Line chatbot to send automated promotional messages to customers. Also, the chatbot can send personalized messages with offers that certain customers would like based on their past purchases and activity on your website.
- 24/7 Availability - Chatbots are programs, not people. So, they don't need sleep, time off, sick leave, etc. Thus, they're able to operate 24/7 and communicate with people around the clock. And nothing satisfies people more than receiving instant responses at all times.
- Attracting New Customers - Many established businesses use messaging apps like "Line" to reach new customers. However, they don't reach out themselves. Instead, they use chatbots to send messages to new people and answer any questions they might have. The messages can contain promotional offers, special deals, or other promotional material that can attract new customers.
- Chatbots Can Be Multilingual - You can program your chatbot to communicate with your customers in multiple languages. This is especially helpful to companies that operate in more than one country. The chatbot can ask the customer what their preferred language is and then continue the conversation in that language.
As you can say, a Line chatbot can be extremely useful for you and your business. Not only does it have multiple use cases, but it can also help you a lot and save you money.
Namely, instead of hiring new people every time your business and customer base grows, you can use your chatbot to handle the additional workload with no problems. That can save you a lot of money and help you increase the overall productivity of your company.
Lastly, building a Line chatbot is not reserved only for programmers or coders. Anyone can do it thanks to companies like Ideta that allow you to build the perfect chatbot without coding. Whether you build the chatbot yourself or use Ideta, you can completely personalize it and make it your own. The chatbot can reflect your values and represent your company in the brightest light.